The first incomplete project is now complete. I had second thoughts about the colors, but it didn’t turn out too bad. The pattern I used is http://www.handcraftingwithlove.net/yarn/pat-ripple.html
I started out by finding a variegated yarn that I liked, and then I matched three colors to that yarn. The coral isn’t quite a match, but it is close enough that it looks good. I really should have chosen one of the darker colors instead of the light grey for the third color, but I already had the grey, so I used it.
The directions say to start with chaining in multiples of 16 plus 2. I chained 162 to start. I only used 1 skein of each color and I have very little left.
I really like this pattern for a quick afghan. It’s not difficult, though you need to count your stitches to make sure that you don’t end up with too many between the hills and valleys.
Until next time.